What We Need:
We are looking for a Systems/Platform Software Engineer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to push the boundaries of our proprietary cutting-edge game engine.
What You Will Do:
- Participate in development of low-level systems like streaming, generic serialization, component system, physics integration and more while taking advantage of the latest consoles and PC hardware.
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build a new technology in order to fulfil the project’s technical requirements; investigate and apply performance improvements in our engine and game system.
- Provide technical designs for new features and/or changes in engine.
- Collaborate with engineering and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects
- Experience working on core systems
- Expertise in C++
- Strong 3D math skills
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
- Ability to quickly and effectively understand and work with other programmers’ code
- Good communication skills
Nice To Have:
- Experience with multi-processor programming
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Experience developing for game consoles (Xbox One and PS4); preferably action, FPS or 3PS titles, and open world games
- Experience with consoles’ services (achievements, saves, etc.), mastering and Technical Requirements
- A shipped AAA game
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.So bring your talent,Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com, hangar13games.com and 2kczech.com accounts.