Hangar 13 is looking for a seasoned graphics programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to push the boundaries of cutting-edge 3D graphics. Research, develop, implement, and debug high-end and photorealistic graphics techniques applicable to characters and large-scale environments.
What You Will Do:
- Design and write code that fulfils the functional, graphical, and technical requirements ofthe project
- Provide the Lead Programmer with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks
- Assist the artists with the creation of cutting-edge environments and effects withintechnical requirements
- Work with proprietary Hangar 13 game engine and also Unreal Engine 5, and build new technology in order to fulfilthe project’s technical requirements
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developmentsand advancements in the game industry
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcomeidentified risks
Who We Believe Will Be A Good Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years of programming experience in graphics programming
- Experience developing for games; preferably: action, FPS or 3PS titles
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles
- Expert knowledge of real-time rendering techniques in relation to lighting and visual effects
- Experience with multi-processor programming
- Experience developing game consoles
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Expertise in C / C++
- Thorough understanding of 3D math
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity toBravely Createon big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’llBravely Create
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request accommodation.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.