What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a seasoned graphics programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to push the boundaries of innovative 3D graphics. Research, develop, implement, and debug high-end and photorealistic graphics techniques applicable to characters and large-scale environments.
What You Will Do:
- Design and write code that fulfils the functional, graphical, and technical requirements ofthe project
- Provide the Lead Programmer with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks
- Assist the artists with the creation of cutting-edge environments and effects within technical requirements
- Work with Unreal Engine 5, and build new technology in order to fulfilour projects’ technical requirements
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developmentsand advancements in the game industry
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcomethem
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of programming experience in graphics programming
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles
- Expert knowledge of real-time rendering techniques in relation to lighting and visual effects
- Experience with multi-processor programming
- Experience with game consoles development
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
- Expertise in C++
- Thorough understanding of 3D math
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio that creates influential AAA video game experiences across all major platforms. The studio is based in four locations around the world: Brighton (UK), Brno & Prague (Czech Republic) and across the US, working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work with some of the most talented developers in the industry, on creatively challenging and exciting projects, in a diverse and welcoming environment. Our focus is on making the highest quality games with sustainable, healthy development plans; to tell stories that engage players through worlds and experiences that keep them hooked from start to finish. We strive to be a studio that our team members know they can make a difference and grow professionally alongside creating games they are proud of.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic’s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.