Hangar 13 is looking for a passionate and talented individual who will join our team as a QA Technician. We are currently working on multiple projects on both our internal engine and Unreal Engine 5. Main duties will include testing pre-release software on various platforms to ensure that game content matches both internal and format holder quality standards. Ideal candidates will be logical and methodical with the ability to work under pressure to strict guidelines. So if you have a keen eye for detail, want to be involved in the final quality check and are enthusiastic about gaming, then this is the role for you.
What You Will Do:
- Test software from the test plan provided in the required timescale
- Accurately report defects found by entering them into the database in accordance with company guidelines
- Regress all open and claimed fixed issues in later builds and check the corresponding database entries
- Provide feedback in key areas to the developers to ensure the best possible quality is maintained
- Conduct, oversee and evaluate studio-wide playtests on regular basis
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Very good command of English (verbal and written) – team is comprised of people of multiple nationalities on multiple continents.
- Gamer at heart – gaming is not only our work, but also lifelong passion
- Hardworking, initiative, reliable, punctual teamplayer
- Ability to quickly learn and to use specific in-house tools
- Good organizational skills
- MS Office Suite knowledge
Nice To Have:
- Knowledge of bug databases and/or database entry (Jira, TestTrack Pro, …)
- Basic knowledge of some file management system / version control system (Perforce, SVN, GIT, …)
- Creating and maintenance of test documents and processes in content collaboration software (Confluence, Slack, …)
- Willingness to adopt a broad overview of department and company
- Strong knowledge of the game industry and eye for quality
- Basic knowledge of Unreal Engine
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.