What We Need:
Hangar 13 is in search of a highly skilled and experienced Lead Gameplay and AI Designer to help us shape one of our future AAA projects.
What You Will Do:
- Design and write specifications, support implementation and tune gameplay, AI and other related systems.
- Work with the team to define the high-level goals for gameplay or AI systems
- Work with engineers and animators to implement, tune and balance gameplay or AI systems
- Identify and design tools needed for quick and efficient iterations
- Analyze, validate and incorporate feedback from the team and external user testing
- Evangelize core features to the rest of the team and help develop best practice for others working with gameplay or AI systems
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- 3+ years of experience in internal game development, with emphasis on Gameplay or AI Design
- At least 2 shipped titles
- Experience and deep working knowledge of AI or gameplay systems
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of development processes, workflows, and tools
- Innovative thinker with creative problem solving skills
- Experience in online, competitive multiplayer games
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively
- Ability to work in highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment, while delivering under deadlines and time constraints
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.So bring your talent,Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,And together, we’ll Bravely Create
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com, hangar13games.com and 2kczech.com