Got what it takes to produce a ground breaking AAA title? Be part of our passionate team and strive for excellence. Hangar 13 is looking for a seasoned and passionate engineer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to work with like minded professionals to create a truly amazing game. Develop, write, implement, and debug code for the UI on next-generation video game projects.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with other disciplines (art, design, sound) in implementing the UI
- Write code that fulfills the functional, and technical requirements of the project
- Participate in the design of products and perform some testing activities
- Provide the Lead Engineer with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements
- Adhere to the project’s coding standards
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Excellent communication skills with an interest in working with other game developers in a cooperative team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or relevant work experience
- Expertise with the C/C++ programming language along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles
- Experience in the development of UI code, and knowledge of Noesis or WPF is highly desirable
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- 3 years of programming experience on commercial software projects
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines
- Experience developing game consoles
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.