What We Need:
We are looking for a talented Senior 3D Environment Artist to join our teams and bring expertise, motivation and mature skill set. He/she defines, develops and maintains high-end-run game environments and contributes to the new Mafia franchise game. The Senior 3D Environment Artist works closely with the Lead and Art Director, contributes to creation of modeling, sculpting, texturing, lighting, destructions and mainly is responsible for perfect quality of visually compelling environments, compositions and elements. He/she must understand game mechanics and propose an interesting and gameplay suitable environment which looks believable.
We are trying to push the boundaries of real-time computer art, we provide the high tech technology and the best tools to our artists to enable them to express the best of them.
- Creating assets for a AAA game in a large-scale virtual environment with the focus on organic models using a combination of procedurally generated landscape and manual sculpting, modeling, texturing and lighting.
- Working within the given style and concept of the project
- Close collaboration with other functions such as game designers and art directors to maintain consistency and quality of the finished product
- Maintaining the library of the finished assets and environments
- Working knowledge of English
- Formal education at Graphic Arts is a plus (high school, or university)
- Experience with a similar role in gaming or movie industry
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 / 5, Materials Creation
- Knowledge of modeling tools such as 3D Studio Max / Blender in the given context
- Knowledge of texturing / material tools Substance Painter, Designer / Photoshop
- Organic sculpting skills in ZBrush / Mudbox
- Experience with terrain / landscape generating tools such as QuadSpinner Gaea / World Machine is a plus
- Experience with practical Photogrammetry is a plus
- Experience with procedural pipelines such as SideFX Houdini is a plus
- Knowledge of drawing or painting in a classic technique, ability to work with space, dimensions and composition
- Ability to set up atmosphere in scenes (environmental effects, lighting)
- At least one released AAA project
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts