Who We Are
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio that creates influential AAA video game experiences across all major platforms. The studio is based in four locations around the world: Brighton (UK), Brno & Prague (Czech Republic) and across the US, working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work with some of the most talented developers in the industry, on creatively challenging and exciting projects, in a diverse and welcoming environment. Our focus is on making the highest quality games with sustainable, healthy development plans; to tell stories that engage players through worlds and experiences that keep them hooked from start to finish. We strive to be a studio that our team members know they can make a difference and grow professionally alongside creating games they are proud of.
What You Will Do
Reporting into the Director of People, you will help Hangar 13 in the UK build talented teams across multiple categories including artists, animators, writers, designers, engineers, producers, and more. Partnering with hiring managers, you will build structured interview plans and processes, develop a sourcing strategy in partnership with recruiters on the team, pipeline, screen, and ultimately drive the end to end hiring program for your internal client groups. Not afraid of reporting, you will use data to help drive hiring results for your teams, but help identify ways we can improve the experience and outcomes for them.
We need a Lead Recruiter to join our team to help them achieve their recruiting goals. We are a group of experienced full-cycle recruiters, bringing subject matter expertise, a passion for building the most talented workforce in the field, and a consultative approach to help our internal hiring teams make the most strategic hiring decisions they can. We make an immediate and long-term impact on the company’s culture, products, brand, and performance.
- Pipeline, attract, and engage talent across multiple disciplines
- Proactively research and be aware of current industry events, trends, and how to use that intel to our advantage
- Directly source candidates, both passive and active, and implement creative ways to find the talent we need
- Create and maintain relations with industry colleagues, industry groups, speaker’s organizations, and additional sources of highly qualified candidates
- Partner closely with your hiring managers, develop relationships, coach and assist them as needed to optimize their hiring capabilities
- Build and develop cross-functional relationships with our Sr. Director of TA, People Operations, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion teams globally
- Partner with our coordination team to schedule interviews globally (on-site, phone, and Zoom) using Greenhouse ATS integrated with Microsoft Outlook for candidates, hiring managers, and executives
- Build a bridge between our production team, leadership, and geographically distributed TA team, ensuring broad adoption of the staffing plan and strategy
- Manage and develop a small team of recruiters, train others in the ways of recruitment best practice
- Minimum of 8 years of full-cycle recruiting experience, or a combination of sourcing and full-cycle recruiting combined
- 2+ years of in-house recruiting experience across multiple categories, including engineering, and creative functions
- 2+ years of experience recruiting in the video game industry
- Flexibility and a willingness to work with rapidly shifting priorities, multiple hiring teams, and a requisition load of 10+ roles
- Excellent organizational, communication, and follow-through skills
- Excellent internal client management skills, including active listening, influencing, coaching, and ability to drive cross-functional accountability
- Experience with full cycle ATS and hiring platforms/tools
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively with leaders at all organizational levels
- Proven good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions for both the business and candidates
- Innovative and enthusiastic teammate
- Experience with both Microsoft and Google Suites
- Experience with LinkedIn Talent Solutions
- Combined experience as an in-house recruiter and agency or boutique search firm experience highly desired
Hangar 13 prides itself on the diversity of its team members, partners, and communities. For this reason, we remain committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship, from recruitment and hiring through compensation, benefits, discipline and termination.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are also committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need to request reasonable accommodation.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that Hangar 13 and 2K never use instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.