What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a Lead Systems Engineer to manage and mentor and grow the systems engineers team in our Brighton office in the UK while providing technical designs, writing, implementing, and debugging code for new software products in a AAA gaming studio. Focus on high performing and optimized solutions and modern gaming platforms such as PlayStation, Xbox and PC.
What You Will Do:
- Manage a team of engineers working on low-level game systems (mostly related to Unreal Engine) based in the UK with the focus on mentoring, providing guidance and growing the team.
- Close collaboration with engineering and art teams across multiple locations (Europe and North America)
- Combined managerial and technical responsibilities with ~60% of your capacity being focused on technical tasks.
- Provide technical designs for new features and/or changes in engine with the focus on optimizations, system performance and memory debugging in multi-platform AAA projects.
- Participate on development of low-level systems like streaming, generic serialization, entity system and more
- Provide the Technical director with feedback regarding the team
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Extensive programming experience on commercial software projects (preferably AAA titles)
- Strong coding skills in C++, understanding of concepts and best practices, good understanding of the theoretical concepts related to 3D graphics
- Hands on commercial experience with Unreal Engine and deep understanding of game engine technology
- Experience with multi-platform projects running on PC and modern consoles such as PlayStation and XBox
- Leadership experience, ideally at least one shipped AAA game as a technical lead
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic). We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on a big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.