What We Need:
Hangar 13 is in search of an experienced and highly skilled Lead for the AI team. They will drive the creation of AI Systems, Archetypes and Behaviours from prototype through to release for the next iteration of the Mafia franchise.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for the design and quality of the game’s AI systems, features and behaviours from prototype to shipping
- Collaborate closely with the Directors and Leads to ensure delivery of engaging Stealth and Combat gameplay loops
- Own the feature development for AI game design, combat and non-combat NPC’s in the game
- Supervise the design and implementation of new archetypes, behaviours and abilities that fit the vision of a next-gen Mafia game
- Evangelize core gameplay features across the project, develop best practices for the designers to utilize in their content
- Ensure that players can understand AI intention and plan their combat accordingly
- Analyse, validate and incorporate feedback from the team and external user testing
- Collaborate in cross-discipline pods to implement, tune and balance combat
- Author and maintain design documentation
- Lead a team of designers to shape the experience of AI within the game
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the team
- Empower the team to deliver high quality work
- Collaborate with Production to ensure delivery of features, systems and assets, on time and to required quality
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Proven experience in leadership topics and coaching individuals
- Helped shipped at least one AAA game in a Senior AI Design role or above
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or 5
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Game Design or other related discipline
- Ability to drive prioritization and scheduling of work for the whole department
- Strong collaboration skills, able to work well with team members from other disciplines and in other locations
- Strong documentation skills, proficiency with Wiki systems or Confluence is a plus
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.