We are looking for an experienced Release Manager to help us help improve and operate the release processes for our Engine, Unreal Engine, Development Tools and Game Projects at Hangar 13.
What You Will Do:
- Champion a healthy, collaborative release culture within the studio, across multiple projects
- Own and improve the release processes for engine, tool and game project updates end-to-end, collaborating with Technical Directors & Producers to schedule predictable releases to internal customers, across multiple time zones & locations
- Work with other leaders at the project level to ensure consistently stable merges of engine updates, to and from game projects
- Collaborate with engineering and QA to automate CI/CD processes
- Own the process for creating build documentation for every release
- Coordinate with QA/Discipline Leads to ensure integrity of all releases
- Publish relevant reporting for release and merge tracking
- Embody an ethos of continual improvement, identifying inefficiencies & opportunities in the release processes
Who We Believe Will Be A Great Fit:
Our ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, highly-organized team player with a strong ability to stay focused and productive when working independently and with others.
- Two years of experience with Release, Project or QA Management in Software or Game development.
- Experience with issue/bug tracking (JIRA preferred) and source control software (Perforce preferred)
- An understanding of branches/streams, depots, merging strategy, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CD/CI) pipelines
- Demonstrated team and time management skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical orientation and a strong understanding of software development
- Proven tolerance for a high degree of uncertainty and variability
- Good communication skills
- Ideally, you love games!
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio that creates influential AAA video game experiences across all major platforms. The studio is based in four locations around the world: Brighton (UK), Brno & Prague (Czech Republic) and across the US, working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work with some of the most talented developers in the industry, on creatively challenging and exciting projects, in a diverse and welcoming environment.
Our focus is on making the highest quality games with sustainable, healthy development plans; to tell stories that engage players through worlds and experiences that keep them hooked from start to finish.
We strive to be a studio that our team members know they can make a difference and grow professionally alongside creating games they are proud of.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city center, in Atrium Flóra; a bustling shopping and entertainment and business complex, featuring a vibrant mix of stores, restaurants, and a lush atrium garden, creating a dynamic and inviting atmosphere for visitors. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, breathtaking nature – a few steps away.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months. Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.