WHAT WE NEED:
Hangar 13 is seeking a Studio Coordinator who has a can-do attitude and isn’t afraid to rally up a crowd. As Studio Coordinator, you will be happy to share Front Desk responsibilities with the Facilities Manager and take pride as an initial contact for visitors and employees at Hangar 13’s Brighton location. We are looking for someone who is available to help assist the Operations and HR teams with the administration, planning, studio communication and the day-to-day running of the studio.
The ideal candidate will be personable, outgoing, and able to create a welcoming and friendly environment. They will be one of the main contacts for visitors, ensuring that the reception, lounge, and meeting rooms are always maintained to a high standard, and that every visitor is greeted and taken care of, with health and safety protocols being followed by everyone who comes on site. In addition, the Studio Coordinator will work closely with the Facilities Manager, helping to assist with managing and maintaining aspects of facilities, such as security, access control, asset relocation and resources for the studio and staff.
This hands-on role will require excellent negotiation, administration, and organisation skills for tasks such as acquiring quotes, planning, and facilitating events, encouraging team participation and engagement by sharing regular studio comms about events, opportunities and initiatives taking place and taking onboard any ad-hoc tasks requested by the Operations or HR teams.
What You Will Do:
- Make sure that visitors complete appropriate paperwork and digital sign-in process
- Assist with coordination and help prepare the reception area meeting and conference rooms including, but not limited to; preparation of each room, ordering food, beverage service and ensuring they are well presented for each meeting.
- Assist with the coordination of daily activities and employee-related functions.
- Maintain administration processes and procedures to ensure that all records are kept up to date with accuracy.
- Handle the day-to-day enquiries and any ad-hoc requests from the Brighton team.
- Maintain and order office supplies, stationery, consumables, and remote working resources.
- Provide support to Operations, HR, and IT for any return to office (RTO) enquiries and requests.
- Book couriers and international deliveries for the Studio and administration teams.
- Provide informational content to Hangar 13 team members and help promote events, opportunities, initiatives, and studio updates via the global monthly newsletter and other communication channels, internal and external facing when suitable.
- Assist with the planning, organising, hosting, and documenting of internal and external events (this includes the monthly team socials, global awareness days, company celebrations, seasonal celebrations, Arts and Crafts, and, but not inclusive of, Diversity and Inclusivity events).
- Assist with planning, sourcing, purchasing and fulfilment of project and studio gifts and care packages.
Be a keen member of the studio’s culture club, wellbeing and charitable platforms and help drive initiatives forward.
- Administration and management of internal HR system, Workday including processing employee job changes and reporting on employee data.
- Managing new joiner references and identification verification through external provider, Verifile.
- Supporting the HR Coordinator in drafting employee letters such as promotions, maternity/paternity and passed probation letters.
- Support the HR Coordinator with ad-hoc tasks.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
This role requires an outgoing, confident person who can take direction from and work alongside a range of stakeholders
- Experience in a facilities or customer service role, ideally within a creative environment.
- Strong skills in MS Office 360 Applications, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and the web-based applications.
- Effective time management, ability to multitask and prioritise according to staff and project needs.
- Resourcefulness and flexibility working in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining a calm demeanour under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team and demonstrate a high level of teamwork, organisational skill and customer service.
- Effective communicator both written and verbal, with great attention to detail and a dedication to excellence and high standards of quality.
- Have a positive can-do attitude.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diverse group of personalities at all organizational levels.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Strong social skills.
- Quick learner and self-starter.
- Confidence and professionalism to represent Hangar 13.
- Creative eye for visual content with experience of using image editing software an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work remotely, independently under own initiative as well as collaboratively.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent,
your unique point-of-view, your fearless tenacity, and together, we’ll Bravely Create
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months. Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.