What We Need:
Hangar 13 is seeking a Workplace Manager who is full of personality, a self-starter, and passionate about making the office a great place to work in, physically and culturally. This role is an integral part of the team as the go-to person for the office, covering traditional aspects of facilities management and operations, as well as events and initiatives that help drive the studio’s culture. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the ideal candidate will be responsible for everything from health and safety, security, and building systems; to social programming, vendor management, service offerings, space planning and most importantly, providing a welcoming, safe, and inclusive experience for everyone who joins our team. It is essential to have excellent communications skills for creating key relationships within the team, as well as with suppliers and other partners. You will be comfortable with a hands-on approach and love a good challenge where you will handle shifting priorities across a multitude of commitments.
What You Will Do:
- Be point of contact for all operations inquiries as well as a valued resource for staff alongside the other support team members and deliver a first-class customer service to all.
- Handle reactive maintenance callouts and planned preventative maintenance schedule, working with contractors on arranging access, identifying issues, and acquiring quotes for remedial work.
- Lead and supervise building operations in line with Health & Safety and Fire Safety compliance; implementing policies and procedures, conducting risk assessments, ensuring records are maintained, safety information communicated, safety equipment checked, and training kept up to date.
- Supplier set up and management, ensuring quality of service, accurate contract management and paperwork, and processing PO’s and payments within appropriate timescales.
- Space management and mapping across the office, including updates to the office plan, evaluating opportunities for layout or seating changes, and supporting staff with return to office and hybrid working plans in collaboration with the IT support and HR team members.
- Be the key driver in planning and organising team events, activities, engagements, outings, and socials whether in-person or remote.
- Lead, mentor and collaborate with team members, working closely with the studio/workplace coordinator to delegate and share the day-to-day operational responsibilities and other projects as required.
- Take ownership of maintaining stock of all resources for the workplace, including but not limited to first aid and fire safety supplies and signage; tools for facilities and IT; stationery; packaging; and furniture.
- Lead the sustainability plan for the studio; maintaining general office cleanup, including removing unused and unwanted items by either donating, disposing, recycling, or storing and maintaining the waste and recycle management processes.
- Maintain the relationship with the building management team, ensuring their services and maintenance is completed, as well as ensure safety for all visitors and employees by making sure security protocols are met and the appropriate access passes are provided.
- Assist with any additional projects and ad-hoc work as required and can work extra hours when needed, during out-of-hours scheduled, emergency maintenance works or callouts and special events.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- A solutions-driven champion for all issues and incidents
- Professional experience in a similar role, ideally within a creative environment
- Budgeting and financial savvy for operations expenses and procurement
- Strong skills in MS Office 360 Applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and web-based applications
- A resourceful and creative problem solver, who can maintain a calm demeanour in a fast-paced environment and has a demonstrated track record for developing innovative ways.
- Able to work collaboratively demonstrating excellent written and verbal communication skills, with great attention to detail and a dedication to high standards of quality and excellence.
- Effective time management, ability to multi-task and prioritise according to staff and project needs
- Health and Safety knowledge/training and familiarity with DSE reporting and assessment
- Can-do attitude, with a strong work ethic and social skills
- Practical, hands-on experience with knowledge of building maintenance and elements of M&E
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent,
your unique point-of-view, your fearless tenacity, and together, we’ll Bravely Create
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months. Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.