We are looking for a talented Technical Artist that specializes in character development, rigging, and facial animation.
What You Will Do:
- Develop tools, processes, and assets for real-time characters
- Collaborate closely with character artists, technical artists, and animators
- Help streamline existing pipelines.
- Develop new pipelines for the character production process
- Should be confident in skinning and comfortable to work with blend shape library development, rigging, and exporting to the game engine.
Who We Believe Will Be A Good Fit:
- Complex character rigging experience in Maya in film, broadcast or game environments.
- Experience with setting up production pipelines while being able to follow guidelines
- In depth knowledge of Maya, preferably 3+ years of production experience.
- Capable of writing robust tools to streamline the character creation, setup, and export process.
- Strong background with facial animation, mocap, and scanning workflows
- Strong understanding of both Figure and Facial Anatomy
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Python, OpenMaya, QT, Mel programming experience
- Familiar with Perforce
- Ability to work independently with a high level of autonomy
- Strong ability to learn new areas of development
- Proven ability to work well within a team atmosphere
- Excellent time management skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
Nice to have:
- Basic knowledge of C# or other higher programming language
- 3DS Max and MAXScript experience
- MotionBuilder, Faceware, and FaceFX or related software experience.
- Ability to multitask and work under deadlines.
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Arts, Art or a related field preferred.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity toBravely Createon big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’llBravely Create
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to