Hangar 13 is currently looking for Concept Artist supporting both Environment and Character Art. The ideal candidate will be able to create a wide variety of detailed environment and character concepts, take direction well, and iterate on ideas in a team atmosphere. To be considered for this role candidates must submit a link to an online portfolio when applying.
What You Will Do:
- Create a range of assets from characters, environments, and even props while maintaining the core game vision set by the Art Director and Game Designers
- Sketch explorative thumbnails in 2D and 3D
- Create concepts from early production to final render
- Create quick open line designs and rough silhouette sketches that communicate space and form
- Provide feedback through paint overs
- Storyboard creation
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
We are looking for a digital artist with a traditional drawing and painting background. Someone who is passionate about designing environments and bringing characters to life. Since is a team effort, someone who flourishes within a collaborative atmosphere would be happiest.
- 3+ years of experience in games
- Degree in Fine Art or related experience
- Hard surface and vehicle design abilities
- Ability to quickly iterate on ideas visually
- Ability to take direction well
- Self-motivated toward solving creative problems
- Understanding of anatomy, creature, and character design
- Illustration skills, deep understanding of composition, color theory, values, form, shape language, and silhouette
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com, hangar13games.com and 2kczech.com accounts.