What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to develop, write, implement, and debug code for new and upgraded software products.
What You Will Do:
- Work with an interdisciplinary agile team of artists, designers, and programmers to design, prototype, and implement new gameplay features
- Provide the Lead Programmer with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks and implementation concerns
- Generate system documentation and test cases for assigned systems
- Collaborate with the QA staff to identify and fix bugs in a timely manner
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements
- Adhere to the project’s coding standards
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 2+ years of programming experience in a creative environment
- Experience developing for games, preferably action, FPS or 3PS titles
- Excellent communication skills with an interest in collaborating with other non-technical disciplines
- Expertise in C / C++
- Strong 3D math skills
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines
- Experience developing for game consoles
- One or more shipped PC or console game titles
- Experience working on core gameplay systems and/or AI
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 30 minutes north of San Francisco and 30 minutes south of Napa Valley wine country, Hangar 13’s Novato location has found its home within 2K’s headquarters in Northern California. Situated in Hamilton Landing inside a renovated United States Air Force base hangar, you will find our talented and passionate team within invigorating Marin County. You can walk out the door and explore famous hiking and mountain biking trails as well as the gorgeous coastline. In addition to working in an exceptional setting conducive to Hangar 13’s inclusive and creatively diverse work environment, the Bay Area also provides employees with access to vibrant nightlife, world-class cuisine, local farmers markets, great public schools, and cultural metropolitan experiences. Onsite amenities include fully equipped break areas, company sponsored food trucks and raffle prizes, new state of the art gym, subsidized fitness classes and massage therapy, electric car charging stations and much more! We are only 5 minutes off of highway 101 and a 15-minute walk from the nearest SMART station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.