We are looking for a skilled, reliable, and self-motivated Senior Animator colleague, who is experienced in game development, keyframe & motion capture data animation processing to produce realistic 3D animations for cinematics and gameplay.
What You Will Do:
- Create high-quality keyframe and mocap-driven realistic animations for both cinematics and gameplay.
- Collaborate with the Animation Lead to deliver the best-in-class products.
- Adapt to the style and constraints of the project.
- Implement, test, and troubleshoot animations in-game at high quality and expected functionality.
- Support the animation team, character artists, cinematic editors, designers, and producers to deliver content that matches the vision and constraints or find solutions to any technical or creative issues.
- Explore new tech and enhancements related to the animation and game development.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- An animator passionate about working on industry-defining titles that push their abilities and define true-to-life characters.
- Impressive animation reel demonstrating a strong animation ability.
- Willingness to continually develop their skills.
- Self-educating related to animations and keeping track of new trends in the industry.
- Degree in Computer Animation or related experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with keyframe and mocap animation in games or film.
- Strong knowledge of Motion Builder & Maya.
- Strong creative and technical problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of classic animation principles, body mechanics, acting, posing, and storytelling techniques.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively.
- Team player with a proactive approach.
- Communicative knowledge of English.
Nice To Have:
- Experience in motion capture processes
- At least one shipped AAA console game
- Experience with a tracking/scheduling tool (Hansoft, Jira, ShotGrid, Trello, etc.)
- Experience with version control software, particularly Perforce
- Knowledge of computer games
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity toBravely Createon big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.