What We Need:
We are looking for a talented Material artist to join our team. Someone to help us create library of next gen materials to use in our projects. S/he will lead and guide team of material artists and in collaboration with the Art Director, define, develop and maintain the game library of base materials for both environment and character assets. The Lead Material Artist works closely with Lead Environment Artist and Lead Character Artist to create the best possible result in the final game and with Production to set realistic goals for milestone deliverables and supervise their progress.
What You Will Do:
- Work with the Lead Environment Artist and Lead Character Artist to create all necessary base materials that fulfill technical and visual requirements
- Oversee and improve studio material creation pipelines including exploration of new techniques and technologies
- Supervise all members of Material art team including task assignments and feedback, regular performance reviews and training of less experienced colleagues
- Participate in hiring process for new Material team candidates
- Adapt to the concept and style of the project
- Collaborate with other Art departments
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Impressive portfolio demonstrating strong artistic abilities
- Minimum five years of experience in game industry and at least one released project
- Excellent knowledge Substance Designer and Zbrush
- Excellent knowledge of PBR texturing pipelines
- Excellent knowledge of sculpting, drawing or painting in the classic technique
- Advanced written and spoken English
- Secondary school or university degree at Graphic Arts or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of computer games
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4/5
- Experience with Photogrammetry
- Experience with 3ds Max, Maya or other modelling software
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool (Jira, Shotgun, Trello, etc)
- Interest in developing video games
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio that creates influential AAA video game experiences across all major platforms. The studio is based in four locations around the world: Brighton (UK), Brno & Prague (Czech Republic) and across the US, working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work with some of the most talented developers in the industry, on creatively challenging and exciting projects, in a diverse and welcoming environment. Our focus is on making the highest quality games with sustainable, healthy development plans; to tell stories that engage players through worlds and experiences that keep them hooked from start to finish. We strive to be a studio that our team members know they can make a difference and grow professionally alongside creating games they are proud of.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com, hangar13games.com and 2kczech.com accounts.